Celebrating the new year often comes with making new year’s resolutions, and for decades the most popular resolution is weight loss. Since it’s the number one resolution, you can bet it’s also among the resolutions that get broken year after year.
Why do people struggle with weight loss and, more importantly, their nutrition?
What are they doing wrong on an annual basis?
In this episode, I discuss the concept of anti-resolutions and how having this mindset can help set you up for long term nutritional success. I share why the food you eat is not the entire problem when it comes to nutrition. I describe the Stages of Nutrition and at what stage most people operate best. I also explain why I’m against counting calories as well as share tips on snacking and how to prevent overeating.
“Don’t date your nutrition plan; be married to it.”
This week on the Dr. Mike Show:
- What are anti-resolutions?
- The one part of nutrition that most diets generally focus on.
- The Stages of Nutrition and what each stage is about.
- Food logistics and the changes you can apply realistically.
- Advice on making a diet program easier to manage.
- Thoughts on counting calories and getting into the details of nutrition.
- Preventing night-time overeating and snacks that help with food cravings.
- Michael Hyatt
- EP004 – Weight loss, Meditation, and How to have 6 pack abs at 50 with special Guest Bill Hartman
Love the show? Let us know!
Thanks for tuning into the Dr. Mike Show! If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to iTunes to leave us a rate and review. Subscribe to the show so you never miss an episode and don’t forget to share your favorite episodes on social media.
Be sure grab your copy of Men’s Health The MetaShred Diet: Your 29-Day Rapid Fat-Loss Plan. Simple. Effective. Amazing. book, join the LeanOS fitness coaching program, or visit our website for even more tips and strategies to quickly and effectively lose weight while optimizing your health, and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!
[iframe style=”border:none” src=”//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/8200577/height/100/width/480/thumbnail/no/render-playlist/no/theme/legacy/tdest_id/793617″ height=”100″ width=”480″ scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen]
Check out this episode!