Almost eight years ago, I wrote an article about the 100g Carb Cure at T Nation. I’ve been recommending this dietary approach for the longest time, and I’m glad to say even with the latest research, the blog holds on its own. However, eight years is a long time, and with the way nutrition research has progressed over the last few years, I have a few tweaks to make regarding my simple yet effective dietary practice.
In this episode, I discuss the idea behind the 100g Carb Cure and why it’s my favorite. I explain the principles of this type of diet, why the magic number is 100, and why it’s not as hard as it sounds. I also discuss how it can help you optimize your diet and workouts as well as share sample food servings and tips on how you can make this benchmark work for your fitness and nutrition goals.
[Tweet “”No matter what dietary method you follow, you’re going to have nutrients of concern.” “]
This week on the Dr. Mike Show:
- What is the 100g Carb Cure?
- What I would change now regarding this benchmark.
- What happens when you set your carb benchmark to 100 grams max?
- Why I chose to use 100 grams as the standard.
- How this carb cure can support your fitness efforts.
- What is the “Autoregulation Effect?”
- Tips in maintaining this dietary practice.
- How you can fit this practice into your carb cycling routine.
- Sample foods and their respective servings to fit 100g of carbs.
- One Hundred Gram Carb Cure
- EP001 – The Best Way to Cut Carbs, Easy Breakfast Meals, and Protein Powder for Kids
- EP015 Drinking Fitness Advice Through a Fire Hose with Michael Easter
The Dr. Mike Show is Brought to You by Neuro Coffee
Neuro Coffee is a high octane brain supplement infused into great coffee.
It contains a patented extract from the coffee fruit, which has been clinically shown to increase levels of brain derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) after taking. BDNF acts to grow and repair neurons in the brain and the body. As we age, BDNF decreases. Age related diseases of the brain (e.g. age related memory loss) are often associated with low levels of BDNF. Aging in general, stress, and lack of sleep also negatively impact BDNF.
Coffee drinkers never miss their morning cup of coffee, and now with Neuro Coffee you can enjoy that morning ritual even more knowing that it is helping your brain health. Neuro Coffee is roasted in small batches. Click here to start getting your monthly supply of Neuro Coffee. Dr. Mike Show listeners can use the coupon code DRMIKE10 to save 10% on their first order.
Love the show? Let us know!
Thanks for tuning into the Dr. Mike Show! If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to iTunes to leave us a rate and review. Subscribe to the show so you never miss an episode and don’t forget to share your favorite episodes on social media.
Be sure grab your copy of Men’s Health The MetaShred Diet: Your 29-Day Rapid Fat-Loss Plan. Simple. Effective. Amazing. book, join the LeanOS fitness coaching program, or visit our website for even more tips and strategies to quickly and effectively lose weight while optimizing your health, and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!