Hi. I hope you are having a great week and that the holidays thus far have been wonderful. We took the kids on a Santa Train ride last weekend and it was awesome to see the excitement in their eyes. Even without any snow here in Rochester NY, it is a great time of year.
I’d like your help with something. Today my wife shared a post/plea from the House of Mercy (a local homeless / drop-in shelter here in Rochester, NY).
The House of Mercy will care for 3,500 people at Christmas time. I’ve clipped the post below that outlines their food and toy needs.
At our house, we’ll be having ham for Christmas dinner. Typically I’m not a huge fan of ham… but on a recent trip to Costco we found a ham that won over even my pickiest child. Now that ham costs $25
I’d like to get 50 hams for the House of Mercy, so that they can pass them out for families to have on Christmas dinner.
Here’s Where I’d like Your Help
Sometime next year I’m going to be launching a private health & nutrition community on Facebook (Dr. Mike’s Inner Circle). I am part of several private Facebook communities for professionals (on the business side of things) and I’ve been really impressed at the level of engagement, help, and support that has come out of my participation in these groups – I want to use that successful model to help you with your nutrition.
When it comes to health and nutrition – social support and community are so important. I want to create an environment where people who want to be healthy and want to support others in their journey to be healthy can get new information directly from me (articles, videos, posts, etc), interact with me and other like-minded people, share victories, share struggles, and make real sustained progress towards their health and fitness goals while helping other do the same.
When the community launches in Feb or March, the membership will be $10-$15/month – but in the spirit of helping others and being a supportive community….here’s what I’d like to do.
I’m going to offer no more than 50 one year charter memberships to Dr. Mike’s Inner Circle for $25. When you join, I’m going to take your $25 along with the $25 of all of the other charter members to go to Costco with my family, and buy 50 Christmas hams. Your $25 will go directly to supporting House of Mercy’s Christmas program in providing meals for those in need.
What’s in it for you?
1. The awesome feeling of helping a family in need
2. 365 days of top-level nutrition help and support
….for only $25….good deal right?
Right now I have 5 nutrition webinars and a handful of articles already loaded into the private Facebook group. They are ready for you to digest (pun intended!) and put into action.
If you want to get in on this here’s how to do it.
2. I’ll invite you to the private Facebook group (this all lives inside of Facebook so if you don’t have a Facebook account, you won’t be able to join the community. Facebook accounts are free if you don’t have one).
3. You step up your nutrition, health, and fitness game with top-level resources and support from the Inner Circle (what a better time than during the holidays?)
4. I’ll buy 50 hams with the money you and the other members donate and deliver them to the House of Mercy.
I hope that you’ll join me in this giving project and nutrition community.
If you have any questions, just reply to this email (or comment below if you are reading this in the blog) and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.
P.S. In case you were wondering what the webinars currently loaded in the Inner Circle are all about, this is what is there thus far:
- Habits: Your Secret Weapon for Change
- Protein: Myths, Requirements, & Optimal Intakes
- Troubleshooting Your Weight Loss
- Smart Start to Healthy Eating
- Quick, Simple, Healthy, Cooking: Breakfast Edition