Welcome to the 3rd episode of The Dr. Mike Show. I’m joined by my co-host Chris Dominello for a Key Topic/Q&A episode. The key topic we discuss is The “What the Hell” Effect, setting big fat loss goals, and then I’ll answer reader questions regarding nutrient absorption, and the post-exercise insulin window.
In This Episode You’ll Learn
- What are the effects of the ‘Eat and Eat Again’ rule on hunger?
- What is the ‘What the Hell?’ effect?
- Should you set big, audacious fat loss goals?
- Do nutrients compete for absorption?
- What is the post exercise insulin window?
- What is the best time of day to take supplements?
You can also listen on:
The Dr. Mike Show is Brought to You by Neuro Coffee (TM)
Neuro Coffee (TM) is a high octane brain supplement infused into great coffee. It contains a patented extract from the coffee fruit, which has been clinically shown to increase levels of brain derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) after taking. BDNF acts to grow and repair neurons in the brain and the body. As we age, BDNF decreases. Age related diseases of the brain (e.g. age related memory loss) are often associated with low levels of BDNF. Aging in general, stress, and lack of sleep also negatively impact BDNF.
Coffee drinkers never miss their morning cup of coffee, and now with Neuro Coffee (TM) you can enjoy that morning ritual even more knowing that it is helping your brain health. Neuro Coffee (TM) is roasted in small batches. Click here to start getting your monthly supply of Neuro Coffee. Dr. Mike Show listeners can use the coupon code DRMIKE10 to save 10% on their first order.
EPISODE 003 – LINKS FROM THE SHOW:
EPISODE 003 – SHOW NOTES:
- Describing the effects of the ‘eat and eat again’ rule on hunger [4:08]
- What is the ‘what the hell?’ effect? [8:55]
- Moderation in eating when on a diet [15:50]
- Setting big, audacious fat loss goals [20:49]
- Thoughts on nutrients competing for absorption and the post exercise insulin window [23:20]
- Thoughts on the best time of day to take supplements [30:24]
Thank you for listening! Please rate and review on iTunes. Post any questions or comments below. We love to hear your feedback!!