Leading Through CrisisAn online course to help you successfully steer your organization in turbulent times. Register NowWatch Video
Succeed with Resilience
Can your organization thrive in crisis?
How can you prepare for something you didn’t see coming? How can you best respond to the challenge instead of reacting to it?
It’s natural to feel anxious during a crisis, and as a business owner or leader, your people are waiting for you to step up and give them courage.
You can emerge from the challenges of today with a stronger, more resilient organization. We can help.
Leading Through Crisis is the leader’s guide to succeeding in turbulent times.
During the recession of 2008, Michael Hyatt faced a challenge with Thomas Nelson Publishers. Many were fearful about the state of our economy and looked to him for guidance. But Michael and his leadership team implemented a gameplan that resulted in saving the company and allowing it to thrive in the toughest economy.
In Leading Through Crisis, Michael wants to equip you with the strategy to emerge successful in crises like COVID-19. This online course will teach you how to . . .
- Ensure a steady, reliable mindset no matter how bad it gets
- Use simple practices to ground yourself in 4 areas and set the stage for confident decision making
- Assess your unique vulnerabilities in the 4 most important areas of your business
- Create a tiered, risk reduction response using my 4 step process
- Identify the opportunities most advantageous to your business from least risky to most risky
- Create an effective communication plan for your team and customers that inspires confidence in you and them
Tools and Templates to Guide Your Organization
- Personal Resources Inventory, to take stock of the resources you have to combat crisis.
- Grounding Habits Record, to help you win the battle in your mind as you implement your action plan.
- Business Vulnerability Assessment, to help you assess your top 5-7 vulnerabilities in the business that need to be addressed now.
- Risk Mitigation Planner, to organize your response to each of the risks you face.
- Crisis Opportunity Maximizer, to distill your thinking into a product plan for thriving amid the crisis.
- Crisis Communication Planner, to strategize the when, how, and who behind communicating your action plan.
- Layoff Decision Maker, to help you decide if layoffs are necessary and take the right next steps if they are.
- Cash Flow Scenario Planner, to forecast your cash flow and see what’s on the horizon for your business.
Lead Your Organization Through Crisis
Eight tools for immediate implementation.
Six Sessions to Navigate the Chaos
Session 1: Shift Your Thinking
- Move from a place of scarcity and fear to abundance and confidence
- Quantify the resources at your disposal to draw on during this time
- Recall past victories to fuel your resilience today
- Take control of your thoughts so your mind becomes your ally not your enemy
- Tool: Personal Resources Inventory
Session 2: Stay Grounded
- Clearly understand what you have control over and what you don’t
- Four areas to focus on to regain your sense of equilibrium
- How to set yourself up for high-quality decision making when the stakes are high
- Simple practices you can use every day—no matter how crazy it gets—to combat overwhelm, exhaustion, and fear
- Tool: The Grounding Habits Record
Session 3: Assess Your Vulnerabilities
- The four areas in your business you must consider when assessing vulnerabilities to build the foundation for your Crisis Action Plan
- The specific questions you need to ask in each domain to ensure you’ve thought of everything
- Identify your top five to seven vulnerabilities that must be addressed now to survive
- Tool: The Business Vulnerability Assessment
Session 4: Reduce Your Risks
- our strategies to employ to reduce your biggest risks
- Identify what you need to Suspend, Reduce, Eliminate, and Diversity now
- How to create a three-tiered approach that guarantees you respond appropriately to your top five to seven vulnerabilities
- Tool: Risk Mitigation Planner
Session 5: Identify Your Opportunities
- How to leverage innovation and creativity like never before
- The four-part framework for identifying which opportunities make the most sense to pursue given your particular context
- Discover hidden opportunity in four areas—Market Penetration, Product Development, Market Expansion, and Business Diversification
- Tool: Crisis Opportunity Maximizer
Session 6: Implement Your Plan
- A three-step process to help you quickly develop a communication plan for your team and your most important external relationships to inspire confidence and trust
- Exactly what your employees and customers need to hear from you now
- How often you need to communicate to keep everyone aligned
- The biggest communications mistakes you can make in a crisis and how to avoid them.
- Quickly finalize your Crisis Action Plan for rapid implementation
- Tools: Crisis Communication Planner and Crisis Action Plan
Additional Training: Cash Flow Scenario Planner
- Run cash flow scenarios to understand your tolerance for revenue dips
- Determine which expenses you can afford to continue and which ones you can’t
- Identify how long you can go before you need to do layoffs or make other significant decisions
- Determine whether or not you need to pursue additional cash resources like emergency loans, lines of credit, personal asset liquidation, etc.
- Tool: Cash Flow Scenario Planner
Additional Training: Layoff Decision Maker
- Three questions you need to solve if you’re considering layoffs.
- How to assess if layoffs are necessary for your organization.
- Specific questions to inform who you should lay off (if that’s what you choose).
- A process for handling the layoff conversation, and how to do it with care and concern.
Additional Training: Church and Non-Profit Leader Implementation Guide
- Specific guidance on how to apply the course principles in a non-profit setting.
- A four-part framework to help pastors and non-profit leaders think through what matters most now
- How to assess, respond, engage and communicate with your congregation or constituents for maximum impact in crisis
- Common mistakes non-profit leaders make in crisis and how to avoid them
Leading Through Crisis is for . . .
- Business owners
- Managers, directors, and team leaders
- C-level executives
- Ministry leaders
- Operational leaders
- And anyone who wants to lead their organization and team well during turbulent times.
Invest in a Confident Future
- The complete 6-module curriculum (audio and video).
- Downloadable workbook.
- Eight proprietary tools for taking action.
- Access anywhere.