Factors that impact why we eat and how much we eat can be hidden and counterintuitive. Today we discuss a perceived positive that can have negative effects on your behaviors.
- What makes you select certain foods to eat?
- Because they are healthy?
- Because they are for people that are fit?
- Because athletes eat them?
A new research study showed that Fitness and health branded foods might actually lead you to eat more. How could this be true? We discuss on today’s episode.
This episode we discuss:
- Restrained vs. Unrestrained Eaters.
- How Health Halos can impact our eating habits.
- Why is Gatorade sold at gas stations!?
- Watch this episode on Dr. Mike’s IGTV Channel
- The Effect of Fitness Branding on Restrained Eaters’ Food Consumption and Postconsumption Physical Activity
Love the show? Let us know!
Thanks for tuning into the Dr. Mike Show! If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to iTunes to leave us a rate and review. Subscribe to the show so you never miss an episode and don’t forget to share your favorite episodes on social media.
Be sure grab your copy of Men’s Health The MetaShred Diet: Your 29-Day Rapid Fat-Loss Plan. Simple. Effective. Amazing. book, join the LeanOS fitness coaching program, or visit our website for even more tips and strategies to quickly and effectively lose weight while optimizing your health, and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!