Todd Bumgardner is a strength and conditioning coach and personal trainer whose robust clientele include NFL linebackers, young athletes, and the average fitness enthusiast. Some of his specialties include football and basketball training, powerlifting, weight loss, and muscle building. Todd is the founder of Strength Faction and provides online coaching, Skype consultations, and fitness and wellness seminar services. He holds a Masters degree in Exercise Science from the California University of Pennsylvania and a Masters degree in Applied Clinical Nutrition from the New York Chiropractic College.
Todd joins me to share his vast experience and expertise in exercise, longevity, and long-term fitness. He explains the importance of consistency over intensity as well as doing exercises your body is comfortable with. He explains why he had to change his fitness goals at his age and describes his current weekly program and goals. He also shares tips on how to properly do some of the basic yet critical exercises.
“The goal of the week is to do something every day.” -Todd Bumgardner
This week on the Dr. Mike Show:
- How Todd trains his clients for long-term
- Why consistency is better than intensity in both exercise and nutrition.
- What it means to periodize yourself to manage your work.
- Why you should avoid the words “Perfect” and “Profound” in fitness.
- How you can put your body in the best possible fitness position.
- The problems he finds in most clients with regards to various exercises and how he fixes them.
- His exercise recommendations for different client needs.
- His personal health guidelines and fitness goals.
- Why he is no longer chasing after breaking past his physical limits.
- ALL GAIN, NO PAIN
- The Power of Full Engagement
- Men’s Health Power Training
- The Slight Edge
- The 5/3/1 Philosophy for Beginners
- Ask Dr. Mike How Do You Fix Beginner Deadlift Mistakes?
- Ask Dr. Mike: How Should You Warm Up After Sitting at a Desk All Day?
Connect with Todd Bumgardner:
The Dr. Mike Show is Brought to You by Neuro Coffee
Neuro Coffee is a high octane brain supplement infused into great coffee.
It contains a patented extract from the coffee fruit, which has been clinically shown to increase levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) after taking. BDNF acts to grow and repair neurons in the brain and the body. As we age, BDNF decreases. Age-related diseases of the brain (e.g. age-related memory loss) are often associated with low levels of BDNF. Aging in general, stress, and lack of sleep also negatively impact BDNF.
Coffee drinkers never miss their morning cup of coffee, and now with Neuro Coffee, you can enjoy that morning ritual, even more, knowing that it is helping your brain health. Neuro Coffee is roasted in small batches. Click here to start getting your monthly supply of Neuro Coffee. Dr. Mike Show listeners can use the coupon code DRMIKE10 to save 10% on their first order.
Love the show? Let us know!
Thanks for tuning into the Dr. Mike Show! If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to iTunes to leave us a rate and review. Subscribe to the show so you never miss an episode and don’t forget to share your favorite episodes on social media.
Be sure grab your copy of Men’s Health The MetaShred Diet: Your 29-Day Rapid Fat-Loss Plan. Simple. Effective. Amazing. Join the LeanOS fitness coaching program, or visit our website for even more tips and strategies to quickly and effectively lose weight while optimizing your health, and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!
[iframe style=”border:none” src=”//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/7104093/height/100/width/480/thumbnail/no/render-playlist/no/theme/legacy/tdest_id/793617″ height=”100″ width=”480″ scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen]
Check out this episode!