Welcome to Episode 10 of the Dr. Mike Show.
This episode is the final part of our 3-part MetaShred diet deep dive series. This series was designed to give you an inside glimpse of the philosophy and mission behind the MetaShred diet and how it can help you lose weight quickly, safely, and effectively.
On today’s episode, I share lifestyle X-factors – the things you can do each day – to maximize fat loss. I explain what rate limiting steps are and how they impact your ability to lose weight and the connection between sleep deprivation, stress management, and your metabolism. I also explain how nutrition audibles, S.O.S. breathing techniques, and creating a “fat loss culture” can help you take the brakes off and remove rate-limiting steps that are preventing you from achieving your weight loss goals so you can accelerate your fat loss.
This week on the Dr. Mike Show:
- What the “rate-limiting step” is and how it relates to weight loss.
- How sleep impacts your metabolism and your ability to lose weight.
- How much sleep your body needs to improve your metabolism.
- How to optimize your sleep schedule.
- The difference between physiological hunger, stress-induced hunger, and sleep deprivation-induced hunger.
- How chronic stress impacts your metabolism, appetite, and ability to lose weight.
- What is “stress inoculation” and how it can help you cope and reduce stress.
- What nutrition audibles are and how they helps you maintain your fat loss diet program during unexpected meal plan changes.
- The concept of “surfing the urge” and how it helps you overcome the urge to derail your weight loss plan.
- How the S.O.S. Breathing technique helps you manage stress so you can stay on track with your weight loss program.
- Understanding “fat loss cultures” and why it is critical for getting the support you need to lose weight successfully.
The Dr. Mike Show is Brought to You by Neuro Coffee
Neuro Coffee is a high octane brain supplement infused into great coffee.
It contains a patented extract from the coffee fruit, which has been clinically shown to increase levels of brain derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) after taking. BDNF acts to grow and repair neurons in the brain and the body. As we age, BDNF decreases. Age related diseases of the brain (e.g. age related memory loss) are often associated with low levels of BDNF. Aging in general, stress, and lack of sleep also negatively impact BDNF.
Coffee drinkers never miss their morning cup of coffee, and now with Neuro Coffee you can enjoy that morning ritual even more knowing that it is helping your brain health. Neuro Coffee is roasted in small batches. Click here to start getting your monthly supply of Neuro Coffee. Dr. Mike Show listeners can use the coupon code DRMIKE10 to save 10% on their first order.
EPISODE 010 – LINKS FROM THE SHOW:
- Neuro Coffee – coupon code: DRMIKE10 to save 10%!
- MetaShred Diet (Amazon)
- Episode 008 – MetaShred Diet Deep Dive Part 1: Goals and Diet Philosophy
- Episode 009 – MetaShred Deep Dive Part 2
- Joe Dowdell
- Sleep extension is a feasible lifestyle intervention in free-living adults who are habitually short sleepers: a potential strategy for decreasing intake of free sugars? A randomized controlled pilot study–The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition
- Snooze you win? It’s true for achieving hoop dreams, says study–Stanford Medicine
- Why Zebras Don’t Get Ulcersbook by Robert M. Sapolsky
- Project DadBod
Thank you for listening! Please rate and review on iTunes. Post any questions or comments below. We love to hear your feedback!!
You can also listen on: