Joe Dowdell is a personal trainer and strength coach who is also one of the most highly sought-after fitness experts in the industry. He owns Dowdell Fitness Systems, an online coaching platform that seeks to help clients get to the next level of their fitness journey. He has helped CEOs, supermodels, celebrities, musicians, and athletes get healthier bodies that changed their lives forever. His robust clientele is only matched by his robust certifications that include certificates from the NSCA, NASM, USAW, and ACE.
Joe joins me today to share his wisdom on fitness and how we can improve on what we currently know about it. He discusses the importance of looking at fitness from a client’s perspective and why recommending a training program involves logistics and a practical mindset. He explains the difference between how men and women look at exercise and strength and the difference between training and working out. He also shares his thoughts on group fitness classes, how programs like CrossFit has changed the fitness scene and offers tips on getting more out of your program without overtraining.
This week on the Dr. Mike Show:
- How Joe trains women and why it’s more effective than most approaches.
- The difference between how men and women look at fitness.
- How he introduces new training methods and concepts to clients.
- His definition of significant weight resistance.
- The most important factor for fat loss training.
- How he tailors exercises to his clients’ needs.
- Why people aren’t getting the results they want with some programs.
- The difference between working out and training.
- How to recover from missing out on training and overtraining.
- The importance of knowing what you want to do when you step into the gym.
- CrossFit and the effects of group fitness classes.
- How his training evolved over the years and his current fitness routine today.
- Longevity and what Joe recommends to live a long and healthy life.
- SPARK book by Dr. John J. Ratey
Connect with Joe Dowdell:
- Joe Dowdell official website
- Dowdell Fitness Systems App
- Free 28-Day Introductory Program
The Dr. Mike Show is Brought to You by Neuro Coffee
Neuro Coffee is a high octane brain supplement infused into great coffee.
It contains a patented extract from the coffee fruit, which has been clinically shown to increase levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) after taking. BDNF acts to grow and repair neurons in the brain and the body. As we age, BDNF decreases. Age-related diseases of the brain (e.g. age-related memory loss) are often associated with low levels of BDNF. Aging in general, stress, and lack of sleep also negatively impact BDNF.
Coffee drinkers never miss their morning cup of coffee, and now with Neuro Coffee, you can enjoy that morning ritual, even more, knowing that it is helping your brain health. Neuro Coffee is roasted in small batches. Click here to start getting your monthly supply of Neuro Coffee. Dr. Mike Show listeners can use the coupon code DRMIKE10 to save 10% on their first order.
Love the show? Let us know!
Thanks for tuning into the Dr. Mike Show! If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to iTunes to leave us a rate and review. Subscribe to the show so you never miss an episode and don’t forget to share your favorite episodes on social media.
Be sure grab your copy of Men’s Health The MetaShred Diet: Your 29-Day Rapid Fat-Loss Plan. Simple. Effective. Amazing. a book, join the LeanOS fitness coaching program, or visit our website for even more tips and strategies to quickly and effectively lose weight while optimizing your health, and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!